Friday 8 August 2008

Leaving London!

So today is my last day in London. I've been keeping so busy trying to see and do as much as I can before I leave so that's why I haven't really written on here at all.

Since I last posted, I've been to the Victoria & Albert Museum, The Design Museum, the Tate Britain, and The Bank of England Museum. We also had our "closing ceremonies" on Tuesday, where we got parting gifts and were together as a group for the last time, and last night we had a going away dessert party with cake and ice cream and home made chocolate chip cookies.

I had my last day of work on Wednesday, and as I was leaving my co-workers gave me a card... that had 250 pounds in it. As well as a pack of Happy Hippos, this amazing cookie/candy thing that I love. I can't believe they paid me. More important than the money, obviously, is that I know how much they appreciated everything I did this summer, and it's a really good feeling. I obviously need to follow up with a thank you note, in which I will ask for a letter of recommendation. YAY!

Today I'm going to go walk down by the Thames one last time, and later this afternoon we're all going to have tea at the same place we went the first weekend. I'm almost finished packing, but it doesn't feel like I'm leaving. I'm really going to miss it here.

See you all in a couple days!

No comments: