Sunday 15 June 2008

London!

I arrived in London yesterday afternoon to chilly but sunny weather and a really nice, large dorm room. Last night we had a welcome dinner, and then I went to Piccadilly Circus, which is similar to Times Sqaure, with some friends from the program. I love the city already; it's very clean and the people are friendly and helpful with directions. Today we had lunch and orientation to our area and the program, and later we're planning to go out to eat with the girls that live in my flat. The time difference is starting to hit me so I'm going to take a nap this afternoon. My first day of work is Tuesday, and tomorrow a staff member is going to show me how to get there so I won't get lost. Overall, everything is going wonderfully and it seems like this is going to be an amazing summer!

3 comments:

theninjaviking said...

can you enable rss feed on your blog so i can just subscribe to it?

Dale Hammer said...

London is going to be so awesome for you. I am so jealous of you right now because let's face it, London is way better than Savannah and yes even Chapel Hill. I can't wait to hear about all the cool stuff you see when you are over there. So my advice for the trip for dealing with the people...it is totally cool to laugh at the accents and think they are funny, but just don't look at their teeth hahaha. I miss you tons over here in America and I know I'll be talking to you a lot on AIM and email. Talk to you later and enjoy yourself. We will be back in Chapel Hill before you know it. By the way as we speak we are owning LSU at the College World Series. Cya.

EmilyInLondon said...

Tarik, I really wish I knew what that meant. if you tell me how to do whatever it is you asked me to do, and as long as it's not too complicated, I will definitely do that. hope your summer's going well!