Monday 23 June 2008

Tegan & Sara

Tonight, I saw my favorite band, Tegan and Sara, at a music venue called Shepherds Bush Empire in east (I think) London. It was a huge place with a capacity of 2,000 people or so. I was on the front row of the first balcony-- there were three. I had a great view, and they played for over an hour. After the show, we went to the stage door to see if we could catch them coming out. Instead, they stuck their heads out of a first story window and sang "True Colors" by Cyndi Lauper, who they just toured with in the US. It was just as memorable as meeting them would have been.

Work is going well. Today, I started updating their contact database-- it will probably take weeks. At least I get to sit at a desk all day instead of running errands all over the place like last week.

And today on my lunch break, I finally went to the Post Office to exchange more currency. I bought postcard stamps so maybe you'll get one soon. I also got my first piece of mail today; thanks Dad.

Today, I said I was cold at work and one of my co-workers told me to put on a "jumper." A jumper. Apparently, that means sweater in England English. Other fun phrases I've discovered include car park, queue, scarper (sp?), and loo. I'll add more later.

No comments: